FRIENDS of the GREAT CENTRAL MAIN LINE
Lovatt House, 3, Wharnclife Road, Loughborough, LE11 1SL Tel:01509 632338
MESSAGE FROM THE CHAIRMAN
The Great Central Railway (GCR) aims to re-create, for present and future generations, the experience of British main line railway operation during the best years of steam locomotives. We run regular Steam and Diesel hauled trains for tourists and enthusiasts between Loughborough and Leicester and we are a Gold award East Midlands Tourism Accredited Visitor Attraction and are Britain’s only Double Track Main Line Heritage Railway.
The Friends of the Great Central Main Line (FoGCML) is the railway’s membership organisation and helps provide the continually improving heritage experience that is the GCR. The vast majority of people who operate our railway are unpaid volunteers, all of whom are members of the FoGCML. Operating our 100 year old railway, comprising bridges, track, buildings, signalling, locomotives and rolling stock is an expensive business, becoming even more so as time continues to march on!
The ongoing support from our members and volunteers is essential in ensuring the continued success of the railway. Why not help us and join the FoGCML? In return for a modest membership subscription, you will receive many benefits, including our regular magazine Main Line, and except during some special events, reduced fare travel on the railway.
We regularly receive positive comments about our main line atmosphere and courteous staff and your generous support will help us to keep the GCR running for future generations to enjoy. Please click on the appropriate link below to join us. Your support would be very welcome!
Andy Fillingham - Chairman
CLASSES OF MEMBERSHIP
Adult (18 and over) £24 per year
Senior (over 65) £19 per year
Family/Joint (Two adults and up to three children) £35 per year
First Class £80 per year
Student (up to 24) £15 per year
Junior (under 18) £15 per year
(the qualifying age for adult / junior subscription changed to age 18 from 1st January 2016)
For overseas members a £5 supplement is applied to the membership categories.
There’s a great range of benefits for the Friends of the Great Central Main Line
Four copies per year of the award winning magazine Main Line
- Four copies per year of the Friends Newsletter
- Access to Main Line Xtra on the GCR website for additional news, features and special offers
- Free access to GCR stations and discounts on fares including galas (except as advertised)
- Special offers at the GCR's shop
- The chance to support the Railway by enlisting as a volunteer and be upgraded to working friend status, with additional benefits, after a qualifying period
- The opportunity to apply for a Lineside Access Permit (£35 per year, plus a one-off £10 charge for the mandatory GCR numbered hi-viz vest when first applying).
First Class Friends also get
- Discounts for themselves and up to five others on 1st Class Dining Trains
Working Friends (volunteers who are formally enrolled through the volunteer support team at Lovatt House and give at least six full working days voluntary service to the railway each year) also receive:
- A discount on their membership subscription
- Discounts on 1st Class Dining Trains and Drive a Locomotive Experience services
AND you will be safe in the knowledge that your support will help preserve the experience of a unque steam operated double track main line railway for you and future generations to enjoy!