On Train Dining Services
Here you can find details about all our first class services, our griddle cars, our thrilling murder mystery trains, or even how to charter your own private carriage or train.
If you would like to buy a voucher for any of our dining services please click here
FIRST CLASS RESTAURANT CAR SERVICES
Our first class trains run all through the year. Enjoy a four course meal on our Saturday luncheon train, a traditional four course Sunday luncheon service and a luxurious six course Saturday evening feast on board 'The Charnwood Forester'
For a very different night out, try one of our very popular murder mystery dining trains and in November and December look out for our Christmas trains.
Your train will normally pause on Swithland viaduct with breath taking views over the reservoir.
Please click for more information on each train service:
Cancellation Policy - First Class & Pullman trains
- Cancellations made with more than one month to your dining experience date may be re-booked at no extra charge or refunded in full.
- Cancellations made between one month and one week before your dining experience date may be re-booked on payment of an additional £5.00 per person or refunded less £10.00 per person administration charge.
- Cancellations made within the last week to the date of your dining experience date may be re-booked on payment of an additional £10.00 per person or refunded less £20.00 per person administration charge.
- Passengers who do not arrive in time to catch the train from Loughborough Central at the advertised departure time will not be entitled to a refund.
Due to the historic design of our dining car carriages with their narrow doors and gangways, it is NOT possible to accommodate wheelchairs at a table in one of these carriages.
It is also important to note that passengers with mobility issues will need to climb up or down a step to get into or out of the train.
For those who are able to walk a short distance wheelchairs can be folded and carried in the brake van.
PLEASE DISCUSS YOUR REQUIREMENTS WITH OUR STAFF BEFORE BOOKING.
Other Terms & Conditions
- Children must be adequately supervised and remain seated at all times
- Our dining carriages were designed for adults and we regret children under five years of age cannot be accommodated.
- Special dietary requirements can be catered for when ordered at the time of booking.
- Dogs may not travel in the dining cars (assistance dogs excepted)
- Mobile telephones and electronic games must be muted whilst in the Dining Cars.
- Smoking is not permitted on any of our trains.
CHARTER SERVICES & GROUP BOOKINGS
Whether you are planning a private party or a business dinner, or (perhaps even your wedding breakfast!) a Great Central Railway Private Charter can guarantee you a unique and memorable event for up to 100 people.
You can charter our first class dining train, our luxurious Cromwell Pullman train, or for something more intimate, try our directors saloon.
To see the full range of train charter options click here, or call 01509 632339 to enquire. We offer group discounts and would be delighted to tailor make an experience for you!
Whatever your choice, the ambience will be matched by wonderful food prepared by our chefs. Treat yourself, give your family a celebration to remember or impress your clients with a Great Central charter. (Don't forget - if you need somewhere to meet before you dine, try the impressive ambience of Lovatt House).
GRIDDLE CAR SERVICES
For good food on the go - without the need for a reservation - try our griddle car. Our famous all day breakfast is a real treat and we serve other good hearty meals all day long.
You'll find these favourites aboard our griddle car, along with a bar serving beers, wines, spirits and hot drinks on most trains. Children's meals are also available.
The Griddle car is available on selected trains, as per the timetable. Look for the trains with the plate & fork symbol.
For all enquiries, please contact our booking office on 01509 632323