Drive, under professional instruction, of a diesel locomotive for 2 round trips (over 30 miles), this is one ‘light engine’ (no carriages) and the second with carriages along the Great Central main line.
- Welcome Briefing, including free tea/coffee for guests
- Introductory DVD
- Route observation trip
- Shared drive of a diesel loco
- Lunch for the Driver
- Guided tour of Loco works
- Visit to signal box
- Free train ticket for 1 guest
- Presentation Certificate
- 12 months free membership of Friends of the Great Central Mainline
- Free “Through the Window” guide
Why not share your experience and make it an entertaining day out for your family or guests as well? Each “trainee” is issued with a complimentary travel ticket for one guest on service days (two for notch 2) and any others in the party can purchase travel tickets on the day. All the facilities of the railway will be theirs to enjoy – museum, loco shed, station buffet, shop, signalbox and 3 other stations to visit.
Please note if you require the voucher to be shipped to a different address, this option is available at the checkout.