Diesel Running Friday with 37714 – 28th April 2017
Join us for an afternoon/evening 'Diesel Running Friday' featuring Class 37 37714 and Class 20 D8098 on Friday 28th April 2017.
For a rover fare of just £16 (GCR's normal rover fare), the event offers diesel fans up to 6 round trips between Loughborough Central and Leicester North – that’s just 16 pence per mile!
37714 will take solo charge of three trips, the first departing Loughborough at 1200, and then will ‘top and tail’ three more trips with the Class 20 - the last train returning to Loughborough at 2011.
Please note: Departures are from Loughborough only; other outstations are closed.
Please follow the link: Diesel Friday's Timetable 2017 to down load the timetable
· Normal runabout fares apply (£16 adult, senior concessions £14, children £9 etc.)
· Friends of Great Central Main Line members are entitled (upon production of current valid membership card) to reduced runabout fares of £9 (£5 child).
· Heritage Railway Association passes will be valid, with reduced runabout fares applicable upon production of passes - £9
· Working members of other heritage railways with whom GCR has reciprocal arrangements for reduced fares will be eligible for reduced fares upon production of valid membership cards and work permits - £9
· Same arrangements apply as above for holders of ex British Rail and Train Operating Company passes.
· There will be no short hop or return tickets available
Hot food will be available from our Griddle Car.
Real ales: An interesting and varied range of real ales will be served throughout.
While every effort will be made to maintain services, we do not guarantee that trains will arrive/ depart at the times stated. We reserve the right to alter or suspend any train or attraction without notice. No liability for any loss, inconvenience or delay can be accepted.
Are you looking to stay a little longer...? There are some fantastic Bed & Breakfast establishments well within the reach of the railway and the following are within walking distance from Loughborough Central Station - click here