Meet Peppa & George – Sat 29 April to Mon 1 May
Come and see everyone's favourite piggies at the Great Central Railway over the May Bank Holiday
Peppa & George are coming back to the railway! There's lots of fun for all the family with steam train trips, fun fair rides and why not get your face painted - oink oink. There will be photo opportunities, so don't forget to bring your camera!
• See Peppa at 11am, 12pm, 1pm, 2pm & 3pm
• See George at 11.30am, 12.30pm, 1.30pm, 2.30pm & 3.30pm
• Photo opportunities with Peppa & George - don’t forget to bring your camera!
• Face painting - small charge applicable
• Marquee with children's entertainers with sing-alongs, table top toys and colouring in
Please note. the characters will appear on the platform for 30 minute intervals ONLY at any one time. This is for health and safety purposes and the welfare of the staff and crew.
• Main event car park
• Hide and find picture hunt with a prize
• Butler Henderson cafe serving light bites and refreshments
• Funfair rides - pay as you go per ride
• Explore the miniature garden railway
• Ellis's tea room serving light bites and refreshments
At Leicester North
• Here you can watch the loco turn around
Colouring in corner
The ‘Platform Café’ will be open 10am till 4pm – children’s picnic boxes available
NB: Greenacres is located a short walk from the Leicester North station, walking down the slight hill on the left hand side
Your Train Journey
• Start and finish your journey at any one of our 4 stations and hop on and off along the way all day long!
• Enjoy a 16 mile return trip behind a steam engine
TIMETABLES: to follow shortly
Train Fares including admission
Family Ticket: £40 (2 adults & up to 3 children)
£30 (1 adult & up to 3 children)
Children: £9 (aged 2-16 inclusive)
Under 2s: Free of charge
Train tickets may also be purchased from our booking offices, including on the day of your visit, subject to availability. Online booking is recommended as that will save queuing to buy a ticket.
TICKETS ALLOW UNLIMITED TRAVEL ON ALL TRAINS FOR THE WHOLE DAY AND INCLUDE ALL ENTERTAINMENT EXCEPT THE FUN FAIR AND THE FACE PAINTING
No short hop tickets available between stations. PLATFORM TICKETS AT LOUGHBOROUGH WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE
*Normal discounts apply for members of Friends of Great Central Main Line to buy Privilege rate tickets upon production of membership card.
*HRA pass holders can travel at Privilege rates.
*Working members of other heritage railways with whom GCR has reciprocal arrangements for reduced fares, will be eligible for Privilege fares upon production of valid working membership cards.
*Same arrangements apply as above for holders of ex British Rail and Train Operating Company passes.
All attractions and locomotives are subject to availability. GCR reserves the right to cancel or amend any attraction or service
Are you looking to stay a little longer...? There are some fantastic Bed & Breakfast establishments well within the reach of the railway and the following are recommended - click here