Timetables and Fares
Our best value "off peak" day fares from Loughborough Central are shown below. Similar fares are applicable from our other stations.
Please note that standard or special fares and other terms/ conditions apply on special event and gala days which are marked in yellow on the timetable, or other dates as advertised.
|Day runabout||(see Notes 1 & 2)||£16.00||£9.00||£14.00|
|.. ..||Leicester (see Notes 1 & 2)||£13.00||£7.00||-|
|Family runabout (1A + 3C)||(see Notes 1 & 2)||£25.00|
|Family runabout (2A + 3C)||(see Notes 1 & 2)||£35.00|
1. Day returns to Leicester at £13 adults (no senior concession) and children £7 are available after 2.30 pm. These tickets can be used as runabouts, without restriction.
2. Registered disabled visitors are charged at the concessionary senior fare; an accompanying registered carer is offered a free complimentary fare.
3. Friends of Great Central Main Line members are entitled (upon production of current valid membership card) to reduced Privilege runabout fares of £9 (£5 child).
4. The above fares structure may be suspended for special events.
5. Children's fares apply to those aged between 5-15; children under age 5 travel free (except at certain special events).
7. Senior fares apply to visitors who are age 65 or over.
8. Dogs, cycles and large items of luggage are a flat fare of £2.
9. Students (on production of a valid NUS card) may claim any concessionary fare applicable to seniors.
10. For visitors with Heritage Railway Association passes, Privilege rate fares apply as per Note 3. above (on production of a valid membership card); this concession will NOT apply for certain special event days.
11. Our standard adult runabout fare (valid on all advertised services with standard class accommodation, except reservation only services (including Santa trains)) is £36 - this is valid for use on one day only during the 31 days from date of issue.
For fares for Group Bookings please contact the Booking Office on 01509 632 323
For a full list of our conditions of carriage, click here
While every effort will be made to maintain services, we do not guarantee that trains will arrive/ depart at the times stated. We reserve the right to alter or suspend any train or attraction without notice. No liability for any loss, inconvenience or delay can be accepted.
All railway locomotives release, on occasions, oily deposits into the atmosphere, including cinders from steam locos. We regret that we cannot take responsibility for damage to visitors’ clothing, vehicles or other personal belongings caused by these occurrences.