Timetables and Fares
D – This train will normally be hauled by a heritage diesel locomotive or multiple unit. Our other trains will normally be hauled by steam locomotives.
T – Trolley service providing hot and cold snacks
G – Griddle Car provided for the sale of hot food including all-day breakfast, afternoon teas, snacks, hot and cold drinks etc
R – Restaurant Car available from Loughborough Central for first class ticket holders who have booked seats in advance. There is very limited passenger accommodation on this service
C – The Charnwood Forester dining service. For more information click here
* – Robin Hood Express Service
Fares from Loughborough Central are shown below. Similar fares are applicable from our other stations.
Please note that special fares and other tems/ conditions apply on special event and gala days which are marked in yellow on the timetable, or other dates as advertised.
|Day runabout||(see Notes 1 & 2)||15.00||9.00||13.00|
|.. ..||Leicester (see Notes 1 & 2)||15.00||9.00||-|
|Family runabout (1A + 3C)||(see Notes 1 & 2)||23.00|
|Family runabout (2A + 3C)||(see Notes 1 & 2)||34.00|
1. Day returns to Leicester at £12 adults (no senior concession) and children £7 are available after 2.30 pm on Saturdays & Sundays. These tickets can be used as runabouts, without restriction. Also, family tickets are available at £30 (2A + 3C) and £20 (1A + 3C) after 2.30 pm.
2. Fares at the reduced rates in 1. above will also apply when our basic midweek service operates (three return trips per day between Loughborough and Leicester).
3. Registered disabled visitors are charged at the concessionary senior fare; an accompanying registered carer is offered a free complimentary fare.
4. Friends of Great Central Main Line members are entitled (upon production of current valid membership card) to reduced runabout fares of £8 (£5 child).
5. The above fares structure may be suspended for special events.
6. Children’s fares apply to those aged 16 or under; children under age 5 travel free (except at certain special events).
7. Dogs, cycles and large items of luggage are a flat fare of £2.
8. Students (on production of a valid NUS card) may claim any concessionary fare applicable to seniors.
For fares for Group Bookings please contact the Booking Office on 01509 632 323
For a full list of our conditions of carriage, click here