It’s full steam ahead as you and an other customer take charge of a locomotive, with a footplate crew in support, for a 16 mile round trip.
- Welcome Briefing, including free tea/coffee for guests
- Introductory DVD
- Route observation trip
- Shared drive of a steam loco
- Lunch for the Driver
- Guided tour of Loco works
- Visit to signal box
- Free train ticket for 1 guest
- Presentation Certificate
- 12 months free membership of Friends of the Great Central Mainline
- Free “Through the Window” guide
Why not share your experience and make it an entertaining day out for your family or guests as well? Each “trainee” is issued with a complimentary travel ticket for one guest on service days (two for Silver) and any others in the party can purchase travel tickets on the day. All the facilities of the railway will be theirs to enjoy – museum, loco shed, station buffet, shop, signalbox and 3 other stations to visit.
Please note if you require the voucher to be shipped to a different address, this option is available at the checkout.